ITALIAN CUISINE WORLD SUMMIT 2014 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
This year's edition of the Italian Cuisine World Summit features a full calendar of events, including The Piazza Grande Food show (November 14-15, Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club) with music, entertainment and lots of food, Casinetto’s Best Pizza in the UAE Competition, Lavazza’s 3 Espresso Contest – Best Espresso in the UAE, Risotto World Contest and 3 acrobatic pizzaiolos, VIP dinners, as well as exciting new events such as a truffle auction for charity. Don’t miss the launch of the Pasta Premier League, a promotion cum competition reserved exclusively to the world’s most talented Italian chefs, their restaurants and the most celebrated brands of Pasta.
MICHELIN-STARRED MASTER GUEST CHEFS
Michelin-starred chefs will be working their magic in Dubai's most famous upscale Italian restaurants including Alta Badia, Armani, Bice, Bice Mare, Bussola, Casa Mia, L’Olivo, Roberto’s, Ronda, Rosso, Lounge Café Italiano, Vivaldi, and more. Summit restaurants in Dubai will host more than 40 Italian Guest Master Chefs with Michelin stars, each with their own Unique gala evening and special menus created specifically for the events of the Italian Cuisine World Summit and our discerning guests.
DUBAI AS A WORLD FOOD CAPITAL
The event is dedicated exclusively to celebrating Dubai as a World Food Capital and the premier destination of Italian cuisine and lavish lifestyle outside of Italy.
“There is nothing like this in the world for Italian Cuisine. Today this can happen only in Dubai. Thanks to the talented chefs of these restaurants who are the very best promoters of Italian cuisine on a global scale,” says Rosario Scarpato, Creator and current Director of the Summit.
This annual global series of events showcases, celebrates, promotes and educates about traditional Italian cuisine and the quality ingredients that make it a worldwide favorite. It is a golden opportunity to learn more about Italian cuisine and its amazing palette of tastes.
The event targets food lovers and those who enjoy a quality lifestyle.
PROFESSIONAL COURSES AT THE SUMMIT
The Summit will also present the awarding of the Professional Italian Cooking Certificate of Proficiency, ( a specialized course for culinary professionals to develop skills in Italian cuisine) and the Italian White Truffle Expert Certificate, the first proficiency certificate of its kind in the world.
Partners of the Summit include Lavazza, Grana Padano, African and Eastern, Casinetto,Italia Kitchen, Terre del Sole Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Via dei Sapori – Friuli Venezia Giulia, Ferrari, Capital Club andTwister Communications.
Media Partners include BBC Good Food ME (Official Consumer media) and Pro Chef (Official Trade media). Sponsors are Caputo Flours, Robo, Pisani Dossi Caviar, Mozzarella di Bufala Campana PDO, Principato di Lucedio - The first rice in Italy, Unox Ovens, ItalTouch (by Massimo Vidoni the Truffle Man), X-Ovens, Orved and others to be announced soon.
The Italian Cuisine Summit 2014 is presented under the auspices of the Italian Embassy in the UAE, the Italian Consulate General in Dubai and is supported by the Italian Industry and Commerce Office in the UAE.
Facebook page: Italian Cuisine world Summit
MASTER GUEST CHEFS FROM ITALY
- TOMMASO ARRIGONI, Innocenti Evasioni, Milano *
- ENRICO BARTOLINI, Devero restaurant, Milan **
- SALVATORE BIANCO, Il Comandante, Napoli *
- LIONELLO CERA, Antica Osteria Cera, Lughetto (Venezia) **
- PINO CUTTAIA, La Madia, Licata (Agrigento)**
- FELIX LO BASSO, Unico Milano *
- GIORGIO LOCATELLI, Locanda Locatelli, London (UK) *
- PASQUALE PALAMARO, Indaco Restaurant, Ischia (Napoli) *
- GRAZIANO PREST, Tivoli Restaurant, Cortina D’Ampezzo*
- DANIELE REPETTI, Nido del Picchio, Carpaneto Piacentino (PC)*
- ANTONELLA RICCI E VINOD SOOKAR, Al fornello, Ceglie Messapica *
- NIKO ROMITO, Casa Reale, Castel Di Sangro ***
- ANGELO SABATELLI, Rist.Angelo Sabatelli, Monopoli (Bari) *
- MARCO SACCO, Piccolo Lago Restaurant, Verbania **
- CLAUDIO SADLER, Sadler Restaurant, Milan **
- EMANUELE SCARELLO, Agli Amici (Udine) **
- ANDREA AND MAURIZIO SERVA, La Trota Restaurant, Rivodutri (Rieti) **
- TANO SIMONATO, Tano Passami l’olio, Milano *
- ROBERTO FRANZIN, La Taverna, Colloredo Monte Albano (UD)*
- SERGIO VINEIS, Il Patio restaurant, Biella *
- MARIANNA VITALE, Sud, Quarto (Napoli) *
- VINCENZO CANDIANO Locanda Don Serafino** Ragusa
- VINCENZO GUARINO, L’Accanto* Vico Equense
- IGOR MACCHIA, La Credenza* San Maurizio Canavese
- RICCARDO DI GIACINTO, All’Oro* Roma
- ALFREDO RUSSO, Dolce Stil Novo* Venaria Reale (Torino)
- ROSANNA MARZIALE, Le Colonne* Caserta
• Michelin Stars
FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD
- MARIO CARAMELLA, InItaly, Singapore,
- CESARE CASELLA, Ristorante Rosi, New York (USA)
- PAOLO MONTI, Gaia Group, Hong Kong
- LUIGI MAGNI, Uilliams, Moscow - Russia
- WALTER POTENZA, Potenza Restaurant, Providence (USA)
- PIETRO RONGONI, Risotto Master Chef (Moscow)
- DOMENICO CROLLA, Bella Napoli, Glasgow (UK)
- DAVIDE CIVITIELLO, Napoli (Italy)
- PASQUALINO BARBASSO, Cammarata (Italy)
- SIMONE FRACASSI, Arezzo (Italy)
- DELPHINE VEISSIERE
CONFIRMED PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS
- ALTA BADIA – Emirates Towers Hotel;
- ARMANI RISTORANTE – Armani Hotel;
- BICE – Hilton Hotel;
- BICE MARE – Souk Al Bahar;
- BUSSOLA ON THE BEACH – The Westin Mina Seyahi Beach Resort;
- CASA MIA – Le Meridien Hotel Airport;
- EMBASSY K45 – Grosvenor House;
- EMIRATES ACADEMY OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT;
- FRANKIES – JBR;
- L’OLIVO – The Rixos Hotel The Palm,
- LOUNGE CAFÉ’ ITALIANO – Arenco Tower;
- MERLETTO – Marriott Hotel Al Jaddaf;
- POSITANO – JW Marriott Hotel Marquis;
- ROBERTO’S – DIFC;
- ROSSO – Rotana Hotel Amwaj;
- RONDA LOCATELLI – The Atlantis
- VIVALDI - Sheraton Creek Hotel
- CAPITAL CLUB Summit dining room laboratory by Marco Sacco
To know more: www.italincuisinesummit.com