10 to 12 SERVES
Marsala Wine 80gr
Salt and Cocoa
Savoiardi (similar to but larger 15/16 than Ladyfingers)
1. Separate the yolks from the egg whites. (photo1)
2. Beat the yolks and the sugar.
3. Whip the whites and the salt.
4. Add the yolks and sugar to the mascarpone . (photo 2 and 3)
5. Lighten the mixture by adding the whipped cream. (photo 4)
6. Add the marsala to the coffee.
7. Soak the savoiardi in the mixture of coffee and marsala and lay them out in the desired mould. (photo 5)
8. Alternate layers of mascarpone with layers of savoiardi; top off with the mascarpone cream. (photos 6, 7 and 8)
9. Refrigerate and sprinkle with cacoa.(photo 9)
10. Serve at 6 to 8C°.
Recipe by Pastry Chef Francesco Elmi
Recipes Editor: Elena Ruocco
Photos: Paolo Della Corte- FOOD REPUBLIC