by Chef Giovanna Marson, Prego Restaurant, Taj Coromandel Hotel, Chennai, India
|whole milk||1/2 lt|
|fresh cream||1/2 lt|
|acacia honey||125 gr|
|egg whites||250 gr|
|vanilla||½ a pod|
|cinnamon||½ a stick|
|peel of 1 orange|
|peel of 1 lemon|
1. Mix the milk, cream, sugar, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, orange peel and lemon peel, and bring it slowly to a boil while stirring continuously.
2. As soon as it reaches a boil, turn off the heat and let rest for approximately one hour.
3. Filter and add the lightly beaten egg whites.
4. Butter a baking mould or small moulds and bake à bain-marie at 160° C for approximately one hour and 45 minutes. When removed from the oven, it will still be rather liquid but, while cooling, it will gain the right consistency.
5. Remove from the mould when very cold and serve decorated with a coffee and chocolate sauce made by boiling approximately three or four spoons of water, a level spoon of butter, three squares of melted chocolate and a heaping teaspoon of instant coffee.
Otherwise, fruit, chocolate or caramel sauce.
Lemon Pannacotta with passion fruit and blueberry sauce with tablets of lingue di gatto
Ingredients (10 portions)
|Fresh Cream||0.75 lt|
|Lemon rind||50 gr|
|Lemon juice||0.01 ml|
|Blueberries whole||10 gr|
|Grain sugar||50 gr|
1. Boil the milk with the sugar and vanilla pod, let it infuse and remove the vanilla pod.
2. Soak the gelatin in cold water and leave it till it swells up.
3. Melt the gelatin in a baine marie.
4. Add the gelatin to the cream and mix it well.
5. Warm the lemon juice in a pan and allow to cool.
6. In a pan cook the blueberry and the sugar till the sugar gets cooked. Leave it aside to cool.
7. Mix the lemon juice and the lemon rind to the cream and put it in a ice bath.
8. Allow to chill while stirng it continously.
9. When the mixture starts to thicken pour into the lined mould.
10. Pour the blueberry mixture in the center of the pannacotta mixture.
11. Fill the remaining mould with pannacotta.
12. Chill in the refrigerator.
13. Demould and serve. Garnish with passion fruit coulis and blueberry coulis.
14. Decorate with strips of Lingue di gatto.
Lingue di gatto
|Icing sugar||313 gr|
|Egg Whites||188 gr|
1. Preheat oven to about 130 degrees Celsius.
2. In a mixing bowl, add butter and icing sugar.
3. Whip the mixture to a creamy and fluffy consistency.
4. Slowly add egg whites to the mixture and continue mixing until fully amalgamated.
5. Then slowly add the sifted flour and mix well until fluffy and uniform in texture.
6. Pour parts of the mixture onto a greased baking tray and with the help of a spatula cut into the shape you desire.
7. Bake for approximately 6 minutes or until golden.
8. Cut into the shape you desire.
Recipes Editor: Elena Ruocco.